Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Job ID: 2019-13079
Category: Purchasing/Materials Management
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common
mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies
in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community;
and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Specialist is responsible for monitoring and approving procurement activities, meeting established service levels and assisting
end-users in their efforts to obtain value from business partners. The procurement specialist function entails receiving automated
purchase requests from departments for processing. Assist institute staff regarding the procurement process, order status
and interpretation of policies and procedures of the department and institution. This position reports to the Strategic Sourcing
and Contracts Consultant.
- Acts as a liaison to all DFCI work force members and provides exceptional customer service.
- Resolves inquiries and escalates concerns to the manager as needed.
authority to commit funds by contract, procures a wide variety of supplies, equipment and services using procurement
tools and systems.
- Evaluate special request purchase orders to ensure compliance to
DFCI Policies and Procedures
- Professionally communicate order discrepancies and
take corrective action.
- Place special order requests with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Participate in supplier negotiations and contract management initiatives.
and report cost savings/avoidance.
- Participates in business reviews with suppliers and
- Establish relationships with DFCI department managers to offer support
and improve services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Management
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M) or Certified Materials & Resource
Professional (CMRP) preferred.
- Five years prior purchasing experience.
- Knowledge of applicable policy, regulatory and accreditation standards.
personal computing skills. Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in the use of ERP technology; PeopleSoft experience preferred.
organizational, customer service, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in
healthcare and life sciences environment preferred.
- Strong materials management techniques
- Experience with high volume transactional purchasing a must.
- The ability to work under pressure, often with tight and changing deadlines.
flexible approach to working hours when required.
- Excellent organizational and communication
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and articulate manner
with internal and external partners at all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of navigating an ERP system. ( People Soft)
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal
opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability,
age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.